Recipe by April Carter
For the fudge:
- 400g white chocolate
- 1 tin condensed milk (397g)
- 25g unsalted butter
- 200g icing sugar
- purple, blue, green, yellow, orange and red paste food colouring
For the decoration:
- black edible paint
METHOD (Makes 18)
- Grease and line a 10x20cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Break the chocolate into squares and place into a medium saucepan with the condensed milk and the butter. Gently melt together, sift in the icing sugar, stir and divide evenly between 7 microwave proof bowls or mugs (approx. 140g per bowl).
- Colour the mixture in each of the bowls using the photo as a guide. The mixture will set as it cools so reheat for 10-20 seconds in the microwave as needed.
- Make sure that the purple mixture is melted and pour into the bottom of the lined tin. Smooth with the back of a spoon and chill for 15 minutes or until firm. Repeat with the remaining colours, chilling between each layer to set. Once the fudge is completely set, turn out, trim the sides and cut into 1cm slices.
- Paint the rainbow character’s face onto the pieces of fudge with edible paint and set aside to dry.