“SARAH & DUCK LIVE SYDNEY” COMPETITION
ENTRY INTO THE PROMOTION
- Information on how to enter and prize forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Entries must comply with these conditions to be valid.
- Entry into the Sarah & Duck “Sarah & Duck Live Sydney” Competition (the “Promotion”) is open to all residents of New South Wales, Australia. It is a condition of entry that all entrants under the age of 18 must have their parent or legal guardian’s express permission to enter this Promotion in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is BBC Studios Australia Pty Limited (ABN 20 129 255 616) of Level 1 35-51 Mitchell Street, McMahons Point, NSW 2060 (the “Promoter”). The officers, management and employees (or immediate family of an officer, manager or employee) of the Promoter, the agencies associated with this Promotion, FOXTEL, Fetch TV, MCN and their related bodies corporate are not eligible to enter.
- The Promotion begins at 9am (AEDT) on 13 December 2018 and ends at 11.59pm (AEDT) on 13 December 2018 (“Promotion Period”).
- To enter the Promotion, entrants must:
- visit https://www.facebook.com/sarahandduck/ (the “Promotion Page”); and
- complete the online entry by responding to the question “What is your favourite Sarah & Duck character and why?” (the “Promotion Question”) posted on the Promotion Page.
- All entries must be original and must not incorporate material which has been previously published. Incomplete entries or those which, in the opinion of the Promoter, infringes the intellectual property rights or any third party, contains any objectionable content, profanity or is potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory will be ineligible to win the prize.
- Only one entry per person is permitted for this Promotion.
- The Prize is a family pass consisting of 4x tickets: 2x adult admission tickets and 2x child (or concession equivalent) admission tickets, to a weekday show at the Sydney Opera House of ‘Sarah & Duck Live at the Opera House’. In this Promotion there is 1 Prize to be won.
- The total maximum RRP value of the Prize is $130.00. The Prize values are the recommended retail values as provided by the suppliers and are correct at the time of printing. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any changes in the value of the Prize occurring between publishing date and date the Prize is claimed. All Prize values are in Australian dollars. All taxes (excluding GST) which may be payable as a consequence of receiving a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Prize winner and their guests must comply with any conditions of use of the Prize and the Prize manufacturer or suppliers’ directions or requirements. The Prize winner is advised that the use of the Prize may be subject to prevailing terms and conditions of the live show’s venue. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Prize winner and their guests comply with all such terms and conditions and it is the Prize winner’s responsibility to first check the tickets and with the venue and/or event organisers regarding any such applicable terms and conditions before use. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any cancellations, postponements or any other changes to the venue to which the Prize relates and will not offer a substitute prize under any circumstances.
- The Prize is non-transferable or redeemable for cash. The Prize or any element of the Prize cannot be exchanged for any other Prize. The contents of the Prize will be at the Promoter’s sole discretion. The Prize is subject to availability and the terms and conditions of the entities supplying the Prize.
- The Promoter makes no warranties or representations about the fitness for purpose or suitability of any Prize and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness for any purpose of any Prize, or the failure of any Prize to be of merchantable quality.
- All costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in the acceptance of, attendance at and/or participation in the Prize are the responsibility of the Prize winner and their guests. Such costs may include, but are not limited to, travel to and from the live show venue and/or accommodation at or near the live show venue.
JUDGING AND AWARDING OF PRIZE
- The Promotion is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in the selection of the Prize winner. The Promotion will be judged on the basis of originality and creativity at BBC Studios Australia Pty Limited, Level 1, 35-51 Mitchell Street, McMahons Point, NSW 2060 on 14 December 2018. The Prize winner will be notified publically via a comment on their original post on 14 December 2018. To claim the Prize, the winner must follow the Promoter’s instructions to claim the Prize by contacting email@example.com by 17 December 2018.
- The judges’ decision is final and binding – no correspondence will be entered into.
- If any prize remains unclaimed in accordance with clause 13 or is otherwise forfeited despite the Promoter making all reasonable efforts to notify the winner, the Promoter may deem any winner as ineligible to receive the prize. In that event, the Promoter will reconvene the judges on 18 December 2018 at the same time and place as the first judging in order to distribute an unclaimed prize. The next most original and creative entry/entries, at the discretion of the judges, will be deemed the replacement winner.
- The Prize will be held at the Box Office where the show is to be performed and the Winner must collect the Prize on the date of the relevant show.
- If the Prize winner is under the age of 18, the Promoter reserves the right to give the Prize to the Prize winner’s parent or legal guardian at its discretion.
- Entry and continued participation in the Promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at http://www.facebook.com/terms.php.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes contemplated in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this Promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
- All entrants unconditionally and irrevocably release and discharge Facebook from any and all liability in relation to this Promotion.
- All entrants agree to provide the Promoter or the Promoter’s authorised agent with proof of identity, residency, age and/or proof of entry validity if selected as the Prize winner or if reasonably requested by the Promoter or the Promoter’s authorised agent. Proof of age, identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the sole discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Prize winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Prize winner will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who provides false information, fails to provide information, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage or who is otherwise involved in any way in manipulating, interfering or tampering with this Promotion.
- By entering the Promotion, each entrant warrants that their entry is their own original work, and that they own all rights (including copyright) in their entry, and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. Each entrant indemnifies the Promoter for any costs or loss incurred by the Promoter as a result of this warranty bring false or incorrect.
- No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter, FOXTEL, Fetch TV, MCN for any changes in dates, times or cancellations or other arrangements that may prevent the Prize winner from winning the Prize or using the Prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to disqualify:
- any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, include any objectionable content, profanity or is potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory; or
- any individual who tampers with the entry process, submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who has in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in unlawful or improper conduct that is designed to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion or is generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, at any time before the awarding of the Prize to cancel or vary the Promotion or to cancel or vary the Prize in any circumstances, including, without limitation, circumstances where in the Promoter’s opinion (which it shall form in its absolute discretion):
- a Prize winner does not satisfy the Promotion entry requirements; or
- the Promoter cannot conduct the Promotion or award the Prize for any reason beyond its control.
- In the event that the Promoter cancels or varies the Promotion or varies or withdraws the Prize it shall not:
- be liable to any person for any costs, loss or damage (including costs, loss or damage caused by any negligence) arising out of, in connection with, such cancellation, variation or withdrawal; or
- be required to conduct the Promotion at any other time.
- No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for late, lost or misdirected entries and all entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt of the entry into the Promoter’s database and NOT time of transmission by the entrant. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for outdated or incorrect contact details or contact details by which the entrant cannot be contacted during business hours on the relevant dates.
- A decision of the Promoter in relation to the conduct of the Promotion is binding and conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants enter the Promotion at their own risk. With the exception of liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for (and the Prize winner agrees to release the promoter from liabilities related to) any loss or damage which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury or sickness suffered or sustained as a result of accepting or using the Prize or entering the Promotion.
- The Promoter collects entrants personal information (as the term is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Promotion (including, but not limited to, determining and notifying the winner). Entrants are advised that their personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and their names as the winner may be published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. Entrants are also advised that from time to time, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to third parties (including, but not limited to, third party prize providers) for the purpose of administering the prize or for other purposes contemplated in these Terms and Conditions.
If you require any further entry details please write to BBC Studios Australia Pty Ltd at http://www.bbcaustralia.com/contact/