Sarah Marionette Puppet
> Download instructions
You will need:
- cardboard tube
- thick wool/cord
- light thread/string
- sticky tape
- plastic bottle caps x 2
- paint & brushes
- modelling clay
- popsicle stick x 2
- Using the template provided cut out Sarah’s face and body details.
- Start by gluing Sarah’s dress around the cardboard tube to make Sarah’s body.
- Fold Sarah’s arm pieces along the black centre line and glue back on themselves Then fold over light pink section to use as a tab for gluing to the sides of the body.
- Pierce two holes through the front of Sarah’s body. Cut two equal lengths of cord, tie a knot on one end and pull through the holes to make Sarah’s legs.
- Glue one of the pink template circles to the base of the body to give a nice finish.
- Paint the plastic bottle cap feet and let them dry. When dry carefully pierce a hole through the centre of each cap with a scalpel.
- Pull the leg cords through the bottle caps and knot underneath. Then fill the caps with clay or Play-Doh to give them weight. Knot lengths of light thread/string to the top of each foot cap and leave aside.
- Using the other pink circle pierce a hole in the centre. Then pull a length of the light thread through, knot and tape to the underside. Glue the circle to the top of Sarah’s body.
- Now glue Sarah’s face to her body, as shown.
- And finally, glue the popsicle sticks together in an X shape to make the puppet control bar. Label the opposite arms of the control bar as shown for the left and right feet. Attach the thread from the feet to the corresponding arm of the control bar, and the string from the top of Sarah’s body to the centre of the control bar.