Sarah & Duck String Puppet
Sarah and Duck String Puppet
Create a cute Duck marionette puppet!
You will need:
- cardboard tubes x2
- thicker thread/cord
- pen & scalpel
- plastic bottle caps x2
- coloured paper
- popsicle stick x2
- modelling clay
- paint & brushes
- Draw an oval on one tube and cut out. Trim the second tube – see black line in the photo.
- Cut enough coloured paper to wrap around the cardboard tubes, cream for the body and green for the head. Insert the head tube into the body tube.
- Using the template provided cut out Duck’s beak, eyes and wings from coloured paper.
- Glue the Duck’s eye’s, beaks and wings to the head and body as shown.
- Paint the plastic bottle caps and let them dry. Using a pen, mark the centre on the top of each cap and carefully pierce a hole with a scalpel.
- Pierce two holes on the base of Duck’s body and loop a piece of string through for the legs.
- Glue the ends of the cord to each of the bottle caps for Duck’s feet. Then fill the caps with clay or Play-Doh to add weight. Tie lengths of thread/string to the top of each foot cap and leave aside.
- Cut a circle out of the green paper for the top of Duck’s head and pierce a hole in the centre. Then pull a length of the light thread through and tape to the underside. Pierce a hole and attach the thread to the tail end of Duck’s body also.
- Glue the popsicle sticks together in an X shape for the puppet control bar.
- Label each arm of the control bar as shown for the left and right feet, head and body. Then attach the thread from the feet, head and body to the corresponding arm of the control bar.